What we think about bright-sided thinking strategies is what we bring into our lives. It’s been said that the conscious mind can control the subconscious, and, as such, it’s up to us to choose how we want to live. In this article, I’ll share some thoughts on how you might be able to use positive thinking strategies.
Bright-sided thinking strategies are important in everyday life. They help us get through the tough times, face challenges with a positive attitude, and maintain hope for an optimistic future.
How do you think about yourself?
Are you your own advocate, or are you someone who blames themselves for everything that goes wrong?
- Whether it is something small like forgetting an appointment or something big like getting a bad grade on a test, the way we view ourselves has a lot of bearing on how well we handle these things as they come along. We need to find ways to take responsibility when needed while also being kinder to ourselves.
- The year 2021 is quickly approaching, and with it comes a new wave of challenges that will affect our society. We face a time when the world’s population is rapidly growing, resources are depleting, and climate change is wreaking havoc on our planet.
- As we look towards the future, it may seem like more obstacles than solutions to these problems. Luckily for us, there are many ways to be proactive in fighting for environmental justice and social justice now and into the future.
- With the pandemic in full spring and depression mode seemingly activated for many people. We thought we could inspire or teach people how to think more positively. The following are our tried and tested methods of being a positive activist.
- Keep in mind; there are no shortcuts to retraining your own mind. Everyone can put on a fake smile, but not everyone can dedicate themselves to a positive learning philosophy.
Positive thinking strategies in the face of setbacks
Everyone fails from time to time. In fact, nobody is 100% perfect at everything they do. So rolling with the punches is key to keeping your mind healthy. Moreover, we can learn a lot from our own failures but don’t dwell. Instead, we use moments of reflection to extract what we need to move forward.
- Moving forward is key to positivity and feelings of self-worth.
Positive thinking strategies: Comfort
This one may sound a bit counter-intuitive. Because most people would agree, comfort is a good thing. However, there is a big difference between comfort and happiness. It seems like many people sacrifice a mostly positive lifestyle in favor of what’s comfortable. As a result, those people are missing their vast potential to be something better.
- It would help if you never got too comfortable with anything.
You must be your own activist
You can only be you. That’s one of our main mottos to stay positive. Of course, that’s not to say comparisons are all bad. But the point is, you have to have confidence in yourself. Leading a positive life means you have to know you are better than the competition, then you prove it.
Positive thinking strategies for when you feel like giving up
Always stay the course. In essence, that means never going backward. If you’ve taken missteps to complete a goal, still don’t give up. Instead of giving up, you pivot and realign yourself to the proper course of action. Having tenacity or determination is critical to molding a positive attitude.
- It would be best if you focused on small victories when things go wrong.
Positive thinking strategies to deal with negativity
This method is tough to master, even for the most serene personality types. The main issue is, it’s positive to stand up for yourself, but standing up for yourself can also feed into negative surroundings, especially if narcissistic personality types surround you. If you decide to stand up for yourself, do so in a way that doesn’t leave you exposed.
- Be polite, or be kind to your enemies, and you will reap the rewards.
How to think positively about your self worth
What better way to feel positive than honing that amazing skill of yours. The immortal phrase practice makes perfect comes to mind here.
- However, it’s important to note; you don’t need to do anything perfectly. It would be best for you to do it better than the rest of the pack, which is actually pretty easy when you really think about it. The point is, nobody starts at the very top. In that sense, we are all working to increase our worth consistently.
Be Genuine, think genuine
If you want to be successful but unhappy, then go for the fake it method. If not, you are going to have to be genuine at all times.
- This might not work for many people, mainly because we are all taught from a young age to lie and cheat whatever system is put in front of us. Following that line of thinking will cause havoc on your unconscious mind. Fighting with yourself over a lie will definitely cause a roadblock on your quest for positivity.
Don’t fall into the trap of treating others poorly
It sounds simple enough, but we would be looking outward at a whole different world if it was. So to follow this method, we start by focusing on looking inward at ourselves. You have to answer the question honestly, how do I want to be treated?
- Don’t think of what box society is trying to put you in; think of where you actually want to be. Then you can start treating others in the same way.
Know that you are not alone
We would argue feeling alone is the number one reason for negative thoughts and actions. It’s just a question of how each individual reacts to those emotions. Some people go into denial and project those feelings onto external objects.
- Some people sink into the emotions and enter and period of deep depression. And some people swim through the waves. We had to use the sink or swim analogy, but it really does fit.
Keep your eye on the prize
Focusing on key goals definitely puts negativity in the background. We take the good with the bad but put the bad where it belongs.
- You have to decide what’s most important to you and make that front and center of your mind. That doesn’t mean being singularly focused; this is about staying positive and being efficient about it. This leads to our best and final tip on how to think more positively.
You should always go for two birds, with 1 Stone
If you can apply positive thinking to improve your day-to-day mental state, that can also translate to other parts of your life.
- Take your current career. For example, by improving your thinking, you will improve your surroundings.
- It’s only natural for people to absorb their surroundings. More importantly, people want to absorb good feelings. So by taking the time and effort to think more positively, you are, by extension, killing two birds with one stone.
As a philosopher and practitioner of psychology, this post reflects some of my deepest thoughts and practices on navigating negativity.
And it does so in a way that consistently aligns with the whole positivity philosophy. Hence there should never be a reason to go out of our way and make anyone feel bad. Plus, we live this out through our work expresses and seeks to prove that idea.
You, too, can set an example of positivity and begin to correct those negative and wasteful thoughts.