The sad truth is that a small group of influential people owns most major media outlets. They shape how we see what’s happening in the world and how we understand it.
Unfortunately, these days many of these owners have a plan to push their personal views on us- even if they go against common sense or scientific consensus.
The reality is that the corporate media has been bought off by fossil fuel companies who want to distract us from their responsibility for this crisis!
CNN was founded by Robert Ted Turner, the former executive of maverick broadcasting. Turner is a well-reputed American broadcasting entrepreneur and businessman born on November 19, 1938, in the U.S. city of Cincinnati.
CNN(Cable News Network) didn’t have many faults until June 1, 1980, when they launched the world’s first 24-hour American news network in the American market.
The cable network is a subsidiary of Warner Media News & Sports, with its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.
Later Turner moved with his family to Georgia, where his father founded a billboard advertising company. Unfortunately, his father committed suicide in 1963, and Turner spent decades renovating his father’s company into the cable channel today.
- CNN made its first debut on June 1, 1980, when a husband and wife team of Dave Walker and Lois Hart broadcasted Vernon Jordan’s attempted assassination.
- Jordan was a civil rights leader who got shot in May 1980 in Indiana, and it was the first event covered by CNN.
CNN’s Early Days
At CNN’s launch, the news industry existed in the immense shadow cast by the other three networks -CBS, NBC, and ABC. These news networks were broadcasting only half an hour every night, but CNN changed the notion of timely broadcasts by airing 24-hour broadcasts.
- Since 1980, the network policy of always ‘Go live, stay with it, and make it important’ played a vital role in its expansion and maturation.
- The new channel initially seen in less than two million American houses is now available to over 160 million homes worldwide.
In Jan 1986, CNN trumped other competitors by covering the Space Challenger disaster when a Space Shuttle crashed at a distance of 73 seconds into its flight. In August 1990, CNN coverage of the Persian Gulf War from both sides distinguished it from other news channels, and CNN reached the top of its popularity.
During the late 90s, CNN again marked history by airing the first-ever T.V. interview with Al Qaeda leader since its establishment.
How CNN gets away with it
CNN covers stories and events related to sports, business, weather, politics, technology, science, terrorism, military, culture, natural disasters, and crises worldwide. In April 2016, the CNN executive said that the channel is
CNN has good aspects, but it is also accused of sensationalism and highlighting negative stories. According to Pew research, CNN covered the most negative news for Mitt Romney during the 2012 elections.
Pew Research reported that the CNN news followed the same trend of negativity in the 2016 Presidential elections.
CNN Lies – Introduction
One example can be seen in CNN reporting about climate change. It was controversial when there was near-universal agreement within the scientific community that humans rapidly change our climate with dire consequences for life on earth.
They’ve gone so far as to use actors in their coverage and even staged events. This is an outrage, and we hope you’ll join us in calling for a boycott of all CNN programs until they are removed from television and social media.
CNN is a media company. They are not truth-tellers, but they pretend to be. They can’t be trusted for hard news, and their opinion section isn’t trustworthy either.
- CNN said that “Trump was being investigated by FBI director James Comey in an article about the Russia investigation.”
- According to Trump’s lawyer, this was false information, who said that Trump had been told that he isn’t under any investigation whatsoever on three separate occasions.
The article also mentioned how Trump had asked Comey if he could find out whether or not there were tapes of him talking with Michael Flynn, which would confirm what Flynn had said about the conversation in question. And yet again, this wasn’t true because there weren’t any tapes at all! So don’t trust anything.
CNN was recently caught and exposed for using video footage of the 2020 Olympics in Japan, claiming it to be from the 2018 games.
They were busted by a journalist who had gone through hours of footage and found out they had blatantly lied about it being from 2018. CNN has been known to lie in the past, so this is not surprising that they would do something like this again.
The Big CNN lies list
Unfortunately, the broadcasting platform has many times engaged in biases and hypocrisy. Though the tales of it being ‘double face’ are too long and old, let’s not dig deep into the past and take the recent example, which will ‘crystal clear’ everything.
- The media outlet is claimed that “millennials are really optimistic about 2020.” The data tells a different story. It turns out CNN is relying on an outdated poll from 2018 to make its case, and this year’s polling shows millennials are more pessimistic than ever before.
- In the latest elections, CNN emerged as an anti-Trump league. Compared to other networks, it presented biased and dishonest opinions and reports that directly targeted the president.
CNN’s attitude is illogical, as being a news platform, the heavy responsibility falls on its shoulders to communicate the correct and the most accurate opinion. Alas! This ill-attempt misguided and misdirected thousands of people.
But it makes sense why they did this. CNN’s anti-Trump strategy is the main brainchild of the network to boost its rating. It is a fact when the U.S. president speaks, it is big news, and all media networks ought to be there. What could be a better chance to bag some views?
During the COVID-19 pandemic, President Trump arranged Coronavirus Task Force press conferences daily to alert the Americans about the pandemic situation. All media networks provided dutiful coverage to keep the Americans updated, but CNN unreluctantly boycotted press releases.
CNN Apologized to Anthony Scaramucci
Though we discussed the example of the recent elections above, to make it clear, It was not the first time when CNN was biased against Trump. CNN has a long history of publishing fabricated stories regarding Trump.
- On June 22, 2017, CNN published a news story about Trump’s assistant Anthony Scaramucci’s involvement in Russian Direct Investment.
- An investigation invalidated the CNN news declaring it fake and inauthentic. After massive condemnation, CNN withdrew the story and apologized the Anthony Scaramucci.
CNN, Trump, and WikiLeaks
Despite facing severe criticism for circulating false news, CNN did not restrain from such actions. In 2017, CNN’s anti-Trump policy again overshadowed the network, and CNN published a report about the coordination between Trump and Wikileaks.
- According to a CNN report, Trump’s son received WikiLeaks information about the hacked documents before publicizing them.
- CNN was proved wrong when investigations revealed that Trump’s son received an email on September 14, 2016, while Wikileaks released the information on September 4.
- Apart from the anti-Trump agenda, CNN gets accused of imbalanced reporting. According to critics, CNN covers most left-leaning stories by avoiding the right.
Aside from the anti-Trump agenda, CNN is also accused of a lack of balance in its reporting. According to critics, CNN is criticized for not covering right-leaning news.
The 2014 Pew research results also reflected that most liberal political values orient towards CNN. The research reported that 44% of CNN’s audience hold left political views, while only 17% audience has the correct political opinions.
CNN’s irresponsible and incautious reporting on sensitive issues is often mentioned as a criticism of the network.
- In 2014 when one of its hosts, Carol Costello, released audio of Bristol Palin, who a man in Alaska assaulted.
- Carol laughed and joking while reporting the audio and called it “quite the best minute and a half of audio we’ve ever come across.”
- CNN received intense vitriol from conservatives on social media to make fun of a physically abused woman.
Despite this list of CNN lies and criticisms, the 24-hour news cycle is problematic. It’s one of the prime reasons that CNN fails to report the truth so often.
Perhaps you should put more faith in other sources. CNN is a prime example of a brand that was grandfathered into its authority and credibility.