- What is Occult Power
- Occult Power & Mysteries - Divination
- Occult Mysteries & Power: Automatic Writing
What is Occult Power
Occult power is a term that dates back to the 1600s. It was first defined as “knowledge of the supernatural, or something hidden.” This definition has evolved to mean “spiritual power not revealed by scientific knowledge.” Occult mysteries are things like telepathy, clairvoyance, and astrology.
These are all topics that have been discussed in depth before but never fully explored. In this blog post, we will explore what occult power means and define everyday occult mysteries.
Occult Power & Mysteries – Telepathy
One common form of occult power comes from telepathic abilities, reading someone’s mind even though they are physically far away. One example can be seen through twins who sometimes show an inexplicable connection with each other one twin may feel the pain caused by an injury or illness that is happening to the other.
Occult Power & Mysteries – Clairvoyance
Clairvoyance, which means clear seeing in French, is another form of occult power where someone can see things far without physically being there. This may include looking into the past or future and predicting events before they happen.
- The most popular term for “clear vision” comes from French meaning ‘clear seeing’ as mentioned above it allows one to look into the past or future while being able to predict events before they occur creating true insight into what is happening in the world.
Occult Power & Mysteries – Divination
Divination can be defined as an ancient form of fortunetelling. There are many different types, which we will briefly outline.
Occult Power & Mysteries – Astrology
Astrology is the study of how human beings are influenced by the position of stars, planets, and other heavenly bodies.
- It is believed to be over 5,000 years old and has been practiced by people in most cultures throughout history. Most astrologers believe that the position of the stars and planets affects a person’s personality, moods, physical health, career path or ‘life path’, challenges that they will face during their lifetime, etc.
- There are many different types (branches) of astrology; these include Natal Astrology (birth charts), Mundane Astrology (daily horoscopes), Horary Astrology (fortune telling), Electional Astrology (forecasting future events based on celestial observation), Cosmobiology/Cosmo-Astrology/Space Harmony/ World Harmonics / Astroecology , which “explains cosmic phenomena within the context of the greater whole”, Astro-meteorology (weather forecasting), Astrocartography/Radiesthesia/Dowsing (earth mapping), and many others.
- There is also a Medieval branch known as Meteoromancy, or Aeromancy in Latin, which includes weather forecasting through the interpretation of wind currents and patterns of bird flight.
- This in turn leads to predictions of what kind of weather to expect on a given day. Meteors are also important within this form of astrology because they were thought to influence earthly events such Astronomy, which is the study of celestial objects including meteors, comets, planets etc., was then considered a branch of astrology because it came from studying the movements and positions of these astronomical bodies in the sky.
Occult Mysteries & Power – Tarot Reading
Tarot is a type of divination that has been in use for centuries. It has been used to deal with the past, present, and future to offer people insight and clarity on their daily lives and circumstances. Tarot cards were traditionally hand-painted by illustrators or painters.
- A tarot card reading is a type of fortunetelling. It uses tarot cards to predict the future. A tarot card reading generally involves spreading out all the cards in front of you and then picking one to shuffle them again. The first card that you pick will generally represent your past; the last card you pick will represent your future.
- Another form of divination is reading tea leaves or coffee grounds. In this form of divination, the reader looks at the patterns in the tea leaves or coffee grounds and predicts what is going to happen.
Occult Mysteries & Power: Dowsing
Dowsing is a divination technique where someone attempts to locate groundwater, crude oil, or other substances are hidden underground. Dowsers use a variety of tools such as rods, sticks, and pendulums.
- The oldest reference to dowsing is in the Book of Deuteronomy. Moses urges his people to ask “the place which Yahweh your god shall choose out of all your tribes to put his name there” for water, and promises that “a fountain shall come forth from the house of Yahweh.” He says if they obey God’s laws, “you will possess their land.” Then Moses describes how to do it:
Take with you these implements of silver, this box of earth,and a rod … When you are searching the land, it shall happen that when one of you has a matter to assess the signs appearing on ‘the rod,’ he will point with ‘the rod’ which he is holding in his hand; it shall be, according to the signs which appear for you on ‘the rod,’ thus he will assess its fairness. You shall not see false visions nor divine omens in your dreams or in your thoughts by day when you are sleeping(Deuteronomy Chapter 18)
Occult Mysteries & Power: Soothsaying
Soothsaying is the act of predicting things when there is no logical way of knowing them. It’s an act of fortunetelling or divination, with the intent to foresee or foretell future events. This is the definition of soothsaying. But what if I told you that some standard modern-day technologies such as video games and even your smartphone could be considered a form of soothsaying?
Occult Mysteries & Power: Automatic Writing
Automatic writing is the automatic generation of text without extensive thought. It may help retrieve meanings from the unconscious or developing one’s abilities to act as a medium.
An example of this was when I found myself compulsively typing the sentence “I am sorry” repeatedly on my phone. I realized that this was an example of automatic writing, which I had done before, but it was not new.
In this article, we have explored what the term ‘occult’ means from an early definition to a more modern one that refers to hidden knowledge only a select few can access.
We also defined common types of occult mysteries such as telepathy, clairvoyance, and astrology while saying they were topics that had been previously discussed but not fully explored before now.
In upcoming articles, we will continue discussing more forms of occult power like divination and magic among others so keep on reading!