In a world where we are constantly bombarded with information, and our attention spans are getting shorter by the day, these activism quotes are what the doctor ordered. This blog post hopes to inspire you with quotes from some of history’s most influential activists. Read on for some great insights into how you, too, can help create a better tomorrow!
The word ‘activist‘ is often associated with people who are protesting, marching, and fighting for the rights of others. Activists have a massive impact on society- whether it be by standing up against injustice or encouraging others to make positive change.
Activism Quotes for 2021
The best way to predict the future is to create it.Peter Drucker
You don’t have to be a superhero to make a difference.Unknown
The best way to change the world is one step at a time.Gandhi
One day, we will be in charge of our own destinies.
You can’t be free until they’re free.Nina Simone
A quote can be powerful, and it’s true that some phrases have changed the world. Here are 15 of them.Malala Yousafzai
The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.Alice Walker.
I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.Martin Luther King Jr
I am an activist. I’m not a great one, but I work hard every day to make the world better.Malala Yousafzai
If people are free to choose, they will always choose life over death, good over evil, happiness over misery.Rabbi Harold Kushner.
32 more Famous Activism Quotes
1. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
2. You’re never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.
3. A person’s true wealth is the good they do in this world for others.
4. Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.
6. If you want something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done!
7. I am not free while any woman is unfree, even when her shackles are very different from my own.
8. I have met the challenge of my times and I know that you have, too. There’s no greater satisfaction than using your experience to help others. Let us meet our own individual challenges and let us help each other to build a better world for all people.
9. As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same
10. You can’t light a candle without a flame burning somewhere.
11. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred.
12. There is no inevitability except that which comes from within ourselves.
13. We must use time creatively, and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
14. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
15. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
16. Partnership across borders is not just a nice thing; it should be an essential element in foreign policy.
18. I learned that courage was not the absence of fear but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid but he who conquers that fear.
19. There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.
20. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
21. If not us, who? If not now, when?
23. It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership
24. There’s no greater reward than being able to work hard at what you love every single day.
25. There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires.
26. We should all be concerned about fairness in society.
27. I knew that my presence was a symbol of hope — not only for African women, but for women around the world who would come to see me as an example
28. You may encounter ma many defeats, but you must not be defeated.
29. If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.
30. When it comes to education, we still have so much to learn
31. We need living examples of the person each of us can become. We need modern heroes to show us by their presence in our midst that achievement is possible.
32. I’m proud to be a Muslim and I’m proud of my heritage… there’s nothing to hide
I’m sure you’ve heard this before- and it’s true. We all can make an impact in our way, whether that means donating money, volunteering for your favorite organization, or writing letters to the editor. When we come together as one voice, we’re more vital than ever! It doesn’t matter how significant your contribution is- every little bit helps!
To wrap up this blog post, we’ve provided a list of the most famous activism quotes. We hope you find these resources helpful in educating yourself and others about what genuine activists have said throughout history to motivate change.