We all know what phobias are, but do you think you’re weird for having one? Probably not. There are so many weird phobias out there that it’s hard to keep track of them all! This list includes 100+ weird phobias that the medical community has documented. If you suffer from any of these weird phobia symptoms, then this is the blog post for you.
What Are Phobias
Phobias are anxiety disorders that cause an individual to go into a state of panic when exposed to the source of their fear. Sometimes this can be triggered by nightmares, traumatic memories, or even films and TV shows!
Phobias are often categorized according to what they’re related to. Still, some have been known as unique phobias because there isn’t anything exactly like it in terms of triggers or symptoms.
The list is extensive, so if you suffer from any weird phobia symptoms, then chances are you’ll find something on here which describes your fears perfectly. Have fun reading about these strange phenomena!
The Weird Phobias list:
1. Achluophobia is the fear of darkness
2. Zemmiphobia is the fear of spiders
3. Melanophobia is the fear of darkness
4. Aurophobia is the fear of gold or anything that looks like gold
5. Xanthophobia is a type of color blindness, where you can’t see colors in shades from yellow to green
6. Papyrophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear that paper money will one day become worthless and be replaced by credit cards or some other form of electronic currency, which they believe will happen soon
7. Politicophobia – The Fear Of Politicians And Politics In General
8. Gingkoophobia – The Fear Of Ginkgo Biloba, The Herb That Increases Blood Flow To The Brain.
9. Galactophobia is the fear of milk
10. Triskaidekaphobia is the fear of number 13.
11. Psychrophobia is the fear of cold weather or ice
12. Thalassophobia is the fear of sea creatures, like sharks and whales.
13. Duschenophobia is the fear of public restrooms or washing oneself in open spaces where others can see you do it
14. Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia-the fear of number 666, which some consider being evil.
15. Phonophobia is the fear of new things, particularly new technologies
16. Ommetaphobia is the fear of eyes
17. Geniophobia is the fear of chins
18. Chasmophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear that a hole may open up in front of them unexpectedly, and they could fall into it, or something might come out and grab them
19. Ithyphallophobia – Fear Of Seeing, Thinking About, Or Having An Erection
20. Apiphobia – The Fear Of Beehives.
21. Hylophobia – Fear Of Woods
22. Anthophobia – Fear Of Flowers
23. Alliumphobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear of garlic
24. Nomophobia is the fear of being without mobile phone contact.
25. Lachanophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear that vegetables might hurt them or cause them to break out in disease
26. Bogyphobia, also known as Boufiphobia, Boofyphobia, and Boephobia, means fear of Satyrs, which are half man and half goat
27. Nyctohylophobia is the fear of dark wooded areas or forests at night
28. Machliophobia or Macrophobia – The Fear Of Large Fish
29. Anglophobia is the fear of anger or of becoming angry.
30. Hydrophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear that something bad will happen when in contact with water
31. Trypanophobia – The Fear Of Needles Or Seeing Needles
32. Cnidophobia is the fear of stings from jellyfish, sea nettles, Portuguese man-of-war, etc.
33. Altophobia is the fear of heights
34. Pogonophobia – Fear Of Beards
35. Bathmophobia – Fear Of Stairs
36. Zoophobias are people who have a phobia of seeing animals in captivity, such as zoos
37. Myrmecophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear of ants
38. Hermphobia – Fear Of Herma
39. Enosiophobia or Enissophobia – The Fear Of Having Committed An Unforgivable Sin Or Of Being Guilty Of Murdering One’s Parents
40. Xanthophobia is the fear of the color yellow or the word yellow.
41. Ergasiophobia – Fear Of Work Or Functional Activity
42. Pyrophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear that something bad will happen when in contact with fire
43. Nomatophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear of names
44. Eosophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear of dawn or daylight
45. Russophobia – Fear Of Russians
46. Ancraophobia is the fear of wind.
47. Pteromerhanophobia-fear of flying
48. Demophobia – Fear Of Crowds Or Being Surrounded By People
49. Cherophobia – Fear Of Happiness
50. Automatonophobia is the fear of humanoid robots
51. Kinephobia is the fear of movement
52. Phonophobia is the fear of loud sounds (eardrum-shattering sounds like explosions, gunshots, thunder, etc.).
53. Agrizoophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear that wild animals will attack them in some way (not limited to just teeth and claws, could be in the form of a swarm or any other animal)
54. Anthrophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear that flowers will hurt them
55. Kymophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear of waves.
56. Hagiophobia is the fear of saints or holy things
57. Misophobia is the fear of hatred
58. Allodoxaphobia – Fear Of Opinions Or Of Holding An Opinion When In A Minority
59. Coitophobia – Fear Of intercourse
60. Blennophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear of slime
61. Soteriophobia – Fear Of Dependence On Others Or Certain People
62. Hylophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear of forests, woods, or trees.
63. Eremophobia – Fear Of Being Oneself Or Loneliness
64. Glossophobia is the fear of speaking in public or of trying to speak
65. Beblubophobia – Fear Of Having A Full Blown Face
66. Batrachophobia- Fear Of Amphibians
67. Agrizoophobia is the fear of wild animals
68. Ophidiophobia is the fear of snakes
69. Sanguivoriphobia is the fear of vampires
70. Mottephobia (Moiphobia)- Fear Of Moths
71. Merinthophobia – The Fear Of Being Tied
72. Panthophobia – Fear Of Diseases
73. Papyrophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear of paper
74. Philophobia is the fear of falling in love
75. Philemaphobia is the fear of kissing
76. Autophobia is the fear of being alone
77. Anthrophobia is the fear of flowers
78. Arithmophobia – Fear Of Numbers
79. Ballistophobia is a term for people who have an irrational and persistent fear that someone may shoot them.
80. Barophobia (Bariphobia)- Fear Of Gravity
81. Bogyphobia – Fear Of Bogeys Or The Bogeyman