Introduction – What is World Smile Day
World Smile Day is an event that is organized to bring people together to smile. The day is celebrated on the 20th of November every year. The purpose of this event is not just limited to making people smile but also includes spreading happiness all over the globe.
The ambassador for the day, Dr. Randeep Guliana, has stated that “A happy person empowers others.” He has also added that “A smile costs nothing but gives much.” Mr. Sonja Gruszczynska-Oskam initiated world Smile Day in June 2010 after she realized how easy it was to make someone smile. She then thought of this event that would be able to spread happiness.
What people do on world smile day
On this day, people are requested to share their happiness through social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. A lot of people are supporting the cause by sharing pictures of themselves smiling on these sites.
Sonja initially had no plan to celebrate this event worldwide but was happy with how it turned out after posting her idea online. The 2015 theme is “Smile for No Reason.” Everyone can participate in World Smile Day’s events that may include sharing your smile online or giving away something you love to someone else who needs it more than you do.
If everyone acts on this call, there will be nothing happier than seeing smiles all over the world on 20th November 2015!
Why smiling daily is important
– You’ll feel happier.
– Your mood will improve.
– People are more likely to want to be around you when you’re happy and smiling.
– You’ll have a better day at work or school; people respond better to happy faces!
– You’ll be in a better mood to socialize.
– You’ll look younger and more attractive when you smile; it lifts your face! Additionally,
– Smiling actually fights off the common cold by strengthening immunity. It also helps with digestion.
– Opening up our airways during inhalation is easier if we have a smile on our faces. This can help fight respiratory issues such as asthma. – A study showed that people who smiled were perceived as more attractive than those who didn’t.
Positive outcomes for others?
It’s not just about what smiling does for us; it has numerous positive effects on everyone around us too! 🙂
– Smiling makes other people think you’re approachable, as well as more attractive and likable.
– When we smile, we feel better, and we make other people around us feel better too!
– People respond better to happy faces than sad ones; they want to help the positive person avoid the negative one. This can lead them to be more helpful and show you consideration by giving up their seat, for example, or holding a door open for you.
1. World Smile Day is an annual event that takes place on the first Saturday of October
2. The goal of this day is to spread positivity, joy, and happiness through smiling
3. This day has been celebrated since 2007 by children’s TV presenter Freddi Fish and her friend Luther (a goldfish)
4. By wearing a smile throughout the day, you can make someone else happy too!
5. This day has been created to help you realize the importance of a smile and how it can affect those around you
Smiling is important for so many reasons. It can help you feel more confident, it helps others relax their guard and be open with you, and it even has some physical benefits. A recent study on the effects of smiling showed that people who smiled before they were asked to do an exercise had lower heart rates than those who didn’t smile beforehand.
Smiling may also improve your immune system function by releasing a hormone called oxytocin which prevents inflammation when happy or excited. The next time someone tells you “smile!” know that good things are happening inside your body at the same time as well as outside of it!
Smile today 🙂