So, you want to make a difference in the world? Maybe you’re looking for a way to get more involved in your community or feel like something is missing. You might be thinking about starting an activist project and need some ideas on where to start. Here are 10 ways that you can take action!
This blog post is for you, the activist. It will outline some of the best ways to get your message heard and make a difference in the world. The most important thing when starting an activism project is to know your audience. If you’re not sure who they are, I recommend doing some research about them or creating a survey to help you find out what their needs are and how they want information delivered.
Once this has been figured out, it’s time to start brainstorming ideas! You can use these steps as guidelines for coming up with projects:
1) Brainstorm ideas- create a list of all possible projects based on what your audience needs
2) Research- find out which ones have already been done
3) Choose something you are passionate about
4) Volunteer locally – there are many opportunities available through Volunteer Match, Idealist, HandsOn Network, and Project Abroad. Consider your skill set and interests before signing up for anything so that your volunteer efforts will have the maximum impact possible.
5) Use social media responsibly – remember to use social media mindfully by following people with similar views on issues you care about and not engaging with trolls
6) Create a card game about consent-themed things like “never _ without permission” or “no means no.” If you want to add some humor, include cards like “What’s the opposite of consent? Consent!” (I’ll give you one guess). They can be played as regular games too.
7) Make videos exploring topics in feminism from different perspectives
8) Have a bake sale
9) Start an organization that does free outreach
10) Clean up litter: Litter is often just tossed out car windows by people who think it’s no big deal. The reality is that littering has some serious consequences- including increased risk of injury due to littered glass shards, environmental damage from plastic pollution and landfills, and decreased property values
Do you want to make a difference in the world? Do you care about the environment, social justice, and animal rights? Here are some more awesome activism projects that will get your blood pumping.
The first project is called “Plant-A-Tree.” This program lets people plant trees all over the world with just one click of a mouse.
The next project is called “Sea Shepherd,” which protects marine wildlife from illegal fishing, poaching, and other destructive practices.
The third idea is called “Activism 101” – an interactive online course on how to be an activist and change things yourself that also helps connect activists in need with organizations that can support them.